Friday, November 1, 2013

Back?

Wow.  Two years. There's a lot of living that happens in two years. I don't entirely know why we stopped blogging, but the longer you stop the harder it is to get going again. Do you go back and catch up?  Do you just start fresh?  How do you start again?  

I work now with a group of mostly men, who are mostly roughly 10 years older than I am. I worked on a big project this summer with two men who I genuinely like as people. Both have college age sons, and in the middle of crunch time they both talked a lot about the logistics and planning - and emotion -  of taking their kids to college. 

The day after one came back from the drop off trip, he said to me, it goes so fast. I'm telling you right now, write it all down.  Get a notebook, get something, and just write down all the good stuff. Because before you know it you're pulling up at the dorm.  

And I thought, well, I do - did - that.  I do have my notebook - this blog. This is where I should be writing it all down.  I've got 16k pictures on my computer and I know I'll never print them out and make memory books, but I can document the highs and the lows and everything in between. Or at least some of it. 

So, back for now. It's been so long blogger has totally changed and there's even an app. 2 years is a lifetime in web applications. But we can figure it out again, I think. And it's worth it. 

5 comments:

Herself said...

Totally worth it. Thank you for joining in again.

Marya said...

YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrift Store Mama said...

Yeah for you - I'm starting now with the photos and saving the noteworthy ones on a separate blog for Beezus and Ramona. I don't know what I'm going to do about the past 6 years of photos that have never been edited or sorted. At least they are saved somewhere.

Laurie said...

I agree - totally worth it...assuming Blogger is around for them to read one day. Hope so.

Laurie said...

I agree - totally worth it...assuming Blogger is around for them to read one day. Hope so.