Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why?

OK, I seriously thought we had a few years before this kicked in.

A few snippets of conversations:

- Mommy, what's that? A tree. Why? Um, because a tree is growing there. Why? Ummmmm, because someone planted it there.

- Mommy, what are you doing? I need to go potty, wait right here (outside the door). Why? Because I need some privacy.

- Daddy, can I have a pancake? Sure, take this one, the first ones are burnt. Why? Because that's how that batch cooked. But why? Because Daddy wasn't paying attention.

- Mommy, what are you doing? Cutting the kitty's nails. Why? Because they are growing too long. Why? Because that's what they do and so they need to be cut.

Etc. Almost everything results in three little letters - Why?

I wish I knew.

Susan

2 comments:

Mom said...

The why's never end. They just get harder!

Mom said...

The why's never end. They just get harder!