Sunday, November 1, 2009

And we're off......

Another November, another NaBloPoMo. We're in for the whole at least 30 posts in 30 days things. After all, if we could blog from the hospital last year, surely I can do this? Right?

Well, it's 10:25. Rich is in bed with his cold. Andrew is snoring from his cold. Elizabeth is coughing from from her cold. And I lost my voice somewhere this morning and my head feels like it's two sizes two big. But it's Day 1, and here's the post.

Last week I went through the archives here. We've covered a lot this past year and a few months. But my goodness what we've left out. Did you know we went to Massachusetts this summer? That we have a really fun tradition for Father's Day? That Elizabeth started a dance class and wears the cutest little leotard and tights every Tuesday? That Andrew not only claps and does how big is Andrew, but has been shaking his head 'no' for months? Or that he climbs stairs? Or that Elizabeth met the mayor? Or that we went to the beach a couple of times? Or visited the Polish embassy? Or, or or...heck that we even celebrated Christmas, or had a big party to celebrate his baptism?! I've wanted to post the pictures of Elizabeth the day we brought Andrew home from the hospital, but never managed that. We've done a terrible job of keeping a record! Why, if you only knew us from the blog, you'd think we were sick all the time, never slept, and had a lot of relatives with birthdays. So NaBloPoMo (national blog posting month) is the way to catch up.

When we started the blog, we backdated a whole lot of posts, so that we could launch with some substance to the blog. I had wanted to write back to Father's Day 08, but we ran out of steam and just launched. I've been wondering if I should write about things that happened in the past and then backdate. Which would flesh out the history, but might not make it clear I'm (we're) doing a post a day. Though I guess I could back post, and then do a daily posting pointing to the back post. Can't decide. So dear reader, what do you think? Should we flesh out our archives with events when they happened, or post them now, catch up on the past year, all in this month? Stay tuned to see what we decide, but input welcome. (oh, and at some point I'll get in here and fine tune the blog and add in more links etc). But, now, after the AwwClutter kickoff, I'm taking my too-congested head and no voice self to bed.

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I say, keep them with the November dates. It's kind of nice to look back and see what you're recalling and what's happening in the moment. I wonder if the writing or tone is affected by the recall time?

The Lowe said...

I agree with Elaine but think about what the ultimate aim of your blog is. Is it to record family events and achievements? You have 30 days and 30 posts you have time to do a little of both.

Laurie said...

I like what Ellen said. SHe's posting a day at a time in November with the current date and going back to post older dates the first week of December. I'm still on the fence about what I'll do.

Ryaanne said...

I like order so I would say to put all the posts in November and then put them in the right place/order once NaBloPoMo is over. Either way I look forward to reading about all your adventures!

Thrift Store Mama said...

When I scrapbook, I'm typically about 2-3 years behind. I like the perspective that some time gives.