Sunday, January 4, 2009

The sick house

Instead of a touching and sentimental post about how great it was to have my parents here helping us and how sad we are they left today (who will do the laundry? hang with Elizabeth? empty the dishwasher? hold Andrew constantly?), I'm wishing I had hopped in the back of their car as they sped away from the sick house, driving toward 80 degree weather.

My dad got it first, and his developed into bronchitis. Then my mom went down, then Rich. And yesterday, Elizabeth. Andrew and I are hanging strong, but I'm not sure how long we'll hold out.

- Susan

2 comments:

V said...

Oy! I hope you both manage to duck this one--isn't it the rule that breastfeeding moms are immune to viruses or something?! Every time I develop a sniffle it goes away in a day or two!

Mom said...

When I had a sick house, I was the only one who did not get sick. Meaning, I had to do all the shores and nurse the three babies! Yes, siree!
L